The Cactus Fashion Trend that is Taking Over this Summer
If ever there was a summer for playful fun-in-the-sun motifs, prints and toys that makes us ooh and aah with envy, it is the summer of 2017. In years past we've gone wild for watermelons, bought pineapple everything for any excuse to party with them, and flirted with every single thing flamingo themed item we could find. But step aside! Now its time for a whole new adorable print that we're sure will skyrocket to Insta fame: the cactus!
That's right, Palm Beach Social Diary is calling it. The cactus is the new "it" item to have in your wardrobe this summer. Just watch, pretty soon you will notice these fun desert plants everywhere. Cactus-inspired clothing and accessories are guaranteed to make a splash poolside or during a fabulous upcoming vacation. To help you get ahead of the cactus trend tidal wave, we've rounded up some of our favorite cactus themed items below!
- These adorable cactus studs are perfect for summer. Kate Spade really nailed it with the black and white pot, rhinestones, and gold, adding some shimmer. In the cactus world of accessories, these are at the top of our list.
- Soludos is a go-to staple and always in our wardrobe! Their comfortable espadrilles are so cute and come in classic and quirky varieties. These Cactus Platform Espadrilles in khaki are functional and adorable, making them another must have this summer.
- Not only a fashion trend, the cactus fever is taking over the beauty world as well. Kiehl's Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Mist promises to be a cooling, refreshing formula that purifies and hydrates skin. Who knew that this resilient desert flower was rich in amino acids, B vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron? Perfect for summer, this mist will help skin retain moisture while improving its overall texture.
- This cactus themed mini dress from Revolve is a great party dress for the summer. It's flowy and flirty design will be a stylish hit and can easily be warn during the day, or dressed up with heals and earrings at night.
- SUNNYLIFE has done it again! Who wouldn't want to lay back and lounge in the pool on this cute cactus float?
- Keep your cosmetics safe in this Lolo Bags Cacti cosmetic bag. The fun yellow and white stripes and sewn on cacti make this adorable item a new must have for the summer of the cactus.
- The little ones can get in on the fashion trend too with these sweet Cactus Print Moccasin by Freshly Picked. Perfect for a family glam-cation in a beautiful mountain town like Vail, or desert escape to Sedona.
- Bring out your own sunshine on a rainy day with this clear, cactus print umbrella from SHEDRAIN.
- This cactus denim shirt from Ralis Carter is a great way to incorporate this latest trend without the pink and green that so often accompanies it. Pair with white jeans and espadrilles to complete the look.